Sunday, September 25, 2011

Pan Am

The TV series Pan Am started tonight and I'm quite excited about this season. It centers around the iconic Pan American airline during the 1960s. A stewardess was something to be aspired to because they were "a new brand of woman." It's official: I'm definitely going to be a flight attendant next year. I still just think that 21 is too young to settle down at a job where I have to sit at a desk all day. As much as I love writing, I need to see the world and until I get that out of my system, I'll be continuously restless.

Anyway, these outfits are based off of what stewardesses wore in the 60s. Outfits now aren't nearly as cute (but I still totally want to be a flight attendant).





Skirt - Topshop, Blouse - Vivienne Westwood, Pumps - DSquared, Bracelet - Monet







Skirt - Topshop, Blouse - Dorothy Perkins, Shoes - Christian Louboutin, Necklace - Kenneth Jay Lane, Ring - House of Harlow







Dress - L. K. Bennett, Pumps - Versace, Clutch - Heidi Mottram, Earrings - Worthington

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea you were doing a blog! Love it Brandi! I just read a few of your posts and really enjoyed "100 Years of Style." It was interesting to hear your take on fashion in the 80's, and 90's.

    Anyway, just wanted to say that your grandmother would be awfully proud if you became a flight attendant! I saw a trailer of that show the other day and thought of her. And you are right, you are way to young to sit down at a desk! Go do it Brandi! Love David, (older cousin and very proud that his GSU Eagles are number 1)

    ReplyDelete