Saturday, February 26, 2011

God Save the Queen...

...well, future queen: Kate Middleton. This lucky girl from Berkshire met Prince William while they were both studying at the University of St. Andrews. The couple began dating in 2001, broke up for a few months in 2007, and have decided to take the plunge (or a really slow toe-dip into the matrimonial waters - I mean seriously, they've been dating for ten years!) on April 29. Countdown to the most exciting marriage this decade: 62 days. Unfortunately, that's right in the middle of exam week (not that I really have the money to fly to England for a wedding I wasn't invited to anyway), so to celebrate the royal nuptials, Hannah and I have decided to wear ostentatious hats while watching the wedding on TV. Kate does love hats...
She also seems to like wearing tweed, pumps, and did I mention lots of hats? I always wanted to be British, but I guess dressing like the future queen is the closest I'll get... for now.


Casual Kate





Jeans - Current/Elliott, Tank top - Mantu, Sweater - BB Dakota, Boots - Bruno Premi, Earrings - Kendra Scott, Bag - Topshop




Off to a Friend's Wedding






Dress - dELiAs, Jacket - Karen Millen, Shoes - Rupert Sanderson, Necklace - Goldsmiths, Bracelet - Lagos, Clutch - Tiffany & Co., Hat - Debenhams









Simple and Sophisticated





Jeans - Clemens en August, Cami - Vanity, Tweed Jacket - Yesstyle, Watch - Invicta, Bag - Topshop, Belt - H & M, Shoes - Mixx Manila









You Know That Other Woman is Jealous





Dress - Coast, Jacket - White House Black Market, Shoes - Rupert Sanderson, Clutch - Whiting & Davis, Watch - Invicta, Headband - Linea









Morning Dress: What Guests Are Expected to Wear to the Wedding



Dress - Azzedine Alaia, Coat - Victorian Trading Co., Shoes - Mango, Clutch - Dune Lossey, Hat - Suzannah

1 comment:

  1. Love this post--if only I could find (let alone afford!)some of these gorgeous designer clothes....I'm especially tickled by the hat; I don't know if I could pull it off, but I love it anyway!

    ReplyDelete