Thursday, January 20, 2011

Aladdin

Finishing up my roommates' favorite Disney movies is Aladdin. Aladdin was a 1992 Disney adaptation of "Aladdin and the magic lamp" from One Thousand and One Nights. After reading the book, the story is much different than the Disney version - for starters, in the book, Aladdin is Chinese, not Indian. Also, Jasmine, as we know her and in regards to name, does not exist in the story. Well, the Disney version is better anyway, right? A street urchin finds a magic genie, meets a beautiful princess, falls in love, defeats an evil sorcerer, and becomes a prince. Sounds like a Tuesday, doesn't it?

"A whole new world/A dazzling place I never knew/But when I'm way up here/It's crystal clear/That now I'm in a whole new world with you." - Jasmine






Dress - Temperley London, Shoes - Giuseppe Zanotti, Necklace - Kenneth Jay Lane, Earrings - Kenneth Jay Lane




Dress - Temperley London, Shoes - Isaac Mizrahi, Earrings - Fantasy Jewelry Box, Bracelet - Fendi



"Riffraff, street rat/I don't buy that/If only they'd look closer/Would they see a poor boy? No siree/They'd find out/There's so much more to me." - Aladdin






Pants - REVOLVEclothing, Shirt - J. Crew, Cardigan - Precis Petite, Shoes - Modcloth, Bag - Forever 21, Necklace - Ugo Cacciatori, Earrings - Max & Chloe







"You're speechless, I see. A fine quality in a wife." - Jafar






Cardigan: Maison Martin Margiela, Jeans - Goldsign, Tank top - Vanity, Shoes - Cole Hann, Headband - Eugenia Kim, Diamond ring - Judith Ripka, Snake ring - Loree Rodkin




"Yo, Rugman! Haven't seen you in a few millenia. Give me some tassel." - Genie



(I figured guys deserved at least one outfit out of all of the ones that I've done so far.)

Jeans - American Eagle, Blue t-shirt - Splendid, Jacket - Asos, Burgundy t-shirt - American Eagle, Brown shoes - Converse, White shoes - Vans, Watch - Sturling, Leather cuff - Yesstyle

No comments:

Post a Comment